• Activated 1 March 1942 at Ewa, Oahu, Territory of Hawaii, as Headquarters and Service Squadron 24 and assigned to Marine Aircraft Group 24, 2D Marine Aircraft Wing, Fleet Marine Force.
• Deployed during March 1942 to Efate, New Herbides
• Relocated During June 1942 to Santa Barbara, California
• Redesignated 1 July 1942 as Headquarters Squadron 24
• Deployed during February 1943 to Ewa, Oahu, Territory of Hawaii, and reassigned to the 4th Marine Base Defense Aircraft Wing
• Redeployed during September 1943 to Efate, New Hebrides, and reassigned to the 1st Marine Aircraft Wing
• Participated in the following World War II Campaigns: Bougainville, Philippines
• Redeployed during September-October 1945 to Peiping, China
• Participated in the occupation of North China, October 1946 - April 1947
• Redeployed during April 1947 to Guam
• Detached during October 1947 from the 1st Marine Aircraft Wing
• Relocated during May-July 1949 to Cherry Point, North Carolina, and assigned to the 2d Marine Aircraft Wing
• Redesignated 15 February 1954 as Headquarters and Maintenance Squadron 24
• Participated in the Cuban Missile Crisis, November 1962
• Relocated During April 1968 to Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii, and reassigned to the 1st Marine Brigade
• 1st Marine Brigade Redesignated 30 August 1985 as the 1st Marine Amphibious Brigade
• 1st Marine Amphibious Brigade Redesignated 5 February 1988 as the 1st Marine Expeditionary Brigade
• Participated in training exercises during 1970s and 1980s
• Redesignated 5 October 1988 as Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 24
• Redesignated 1 October 1994 as Marine Aviation Logistics Support Element, Kaneohe , the squadron was assigned to Aviation Support Element, 1st Marine Aircraft Wing, III Marine Expeditionary Force, Marine Forces Pacific, United States Marine Corps.
• In October 1998, Marine Aviation Logistics Support Element Kaneohe, assumed Administrative Control for Mobile Maintenance Facility Charlie, from Misawa, Japan, to augment the Intermediate Maintenance Activity support of Commander Patrol and Reconnaissance Force Pacific Squadrons relocating to MCBH Kaneohe due to Base Realignment and Closure initiative of 1994.
• In June 1999, Marine Aviation Logistics Support Element Kaneohe, assumed all Intermediate Maintenance Activity support for Commander Naval Air Forces Pacific assigned aircraft relocating to MCBH Kaneohe Bay, from Naval Air Station, Barbers Point and support for Pacific Missile Range Facility Kauai, due to Base Realignment and Closure initiative of 1994.
• In February 2002, redesignated as Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 24.